Former Professional Wrestler, Host of It's Time to Man Up Podcast, Author, and Co-founder, Man Camp
Nikita is a former professional wrestler turned minister. He is a proud family man, author, host of “It’s Time To Man Up” Podcast, and co-founder of Man Camp. Even if you’re not a pro wrestling fan, this is one of the most fascinating episodes to date. During this episode Nikita discusses:
- Being raised by a single mother in Minneapolis.
- Moving to Robbinsdale and interacting with Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, the Road Warriors, etc.
- Who was his first male mentor/father figure?
- How important was weight lifting and football during his teenage years?
- Fracturing both of his legs during his college football career at Golden Valley Lutheran College.
- Who convinced him to get involved in professional wrestling?
- How did his five-minute phone conversation with Jim Crockett lead to him getting hired by the National Wrestling Alliance, with no pro wrestling background or experience?
- His name change from Nelson Scott Simpson to Nikita Koloff.
- How did he learn to speak Russian and why did he not speak English in public for six months?
- His incident with the Russian Embassy while visiting Kuwait.
- Wrestling for hostile military crowds, being attacked by fans, and receiving death threats.
- Learning ring psychology while traveling the roads.
- What’s was his travel schedule like?
- What the tragic accident of Magnum TA meant to his career.
- Losing his wife, Mandy at the age of 26 to cancer and how that changed his outlook on life.
- His “Devine Appointment” in 1993 and how an alter call changed his life.
- Walking away from millions of dollars because he was “Successful, but unfulfilled.”
- How along with Lex Luger, they started the Man Camp.
- He discusses the three books he’s written.
- “It’s Time to Man Up” Podcast
- What is the biggest thing he’s learned about himself?
--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Here are some inspiring episodes to start with.
THE SHADOWS PODCAST CELEBRATES 100 EPISODES! We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with master special effects artists specializing in clay modeling, creature creation, stop motion, and animatronic Stephen and E...
This week the Shadows Podcast has the honor of welcoming a United States Navy SEAL, Bill Brown! Bill helped found the annual Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim and is featured in David Goggins best-seller, New York Times bestseller,...
Jim Nantz said, "It's the all-time turnaround title!". The University of Virginia basketball program went from the wrong side of history to cutting down the nets a year later. We continue with our March Madness-inspired Rebou...
The Chronicles of Jaime Andrews is now available! Jaime is an award-winning actress, producer, business director, and playwright. She’s also appeared in many commercials, movies, and television shows to include TruTV’s World’...
“When you name the emotion, you can tame the emotion.” Noble Gibbens is a former emotionally clueless West Point Army Ranger who’s now an emotional intelligence practitioner and corporate emotional intelligence coach. On this...
Son of Medal of Honor Recipient Airman 1st Class, John L. Levitow Sr. and a Chief Nursing Officer