Joanne P. McCallie tips-off Season 3 of the Shadows Podcast: Rebound Series! Coach P has 32 years of coaching experience. She was the head coach at Maine, Michigan State, and Duke. Coach P earned National Coach of the Year honors in 2005. She’s the first Division 1 coach to win conference titles in four conferences. She’s a two-time gold medalist coach with Team USA Basketball and a Hall of Famer. Finally, she’s an author, public speaker, mental health trailblazer, advocate, and coach.
During this episode of the Shadows Podcast: Rebound Coach P discusses:
- Growing up in a military family. Her father was a Navy Pilot. Listen as she retells the love story of how her parents met.
- What were her aspirations as a child?
- The moment she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of 30
- How did she balance coaching and her personal life?
- Mental health awareness
- What it meant as a military brat to coach Team USA Basketball
- The Growth of Women’s Basketball
- Her time coaching at Michigan State and Duke
- How COVID impacted her and the Duke program
- When did she decide to retire?
- Her books “Choice Not Chance: Rules for Building a Fierce Competitor” and “Secret Warrior: A Coach and Fighter, On and Off the Court.”
- Her public speaking and coaching
Listen to this episode on your favorite podcast platform or www.theshadowspodcast.com.
Stay tuned next week as former Notre Dame and North Carolina Men’s Basketball Coach, 1982 National Champion, Author, Speaker, Leadership Development & Team Building Coach Matt Doherty joins the Rebound Series!--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/shadows-podcast/support
Here are some inspiring episodes to start with.
THE SHADOWS PODCAST CELEBRATES 100 EPISODES! We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with master special effects artists specializing in clay modeling, creature creation, stop motion, and animatronic Stephen and E...
This week the Shadows Podcast has the honor of welcoming a United States Navy SEAL, Bill Brown! Bill helped found the annual Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim and is featured in David Goggins best-seller, New York Times bestseller,...
Jim Nantz said, "It's the all-time turnaround title!". The University of Virginia basketball program went from the wrong side of history to cutting down the nets a year later. We continue with our March Madness-inspired Rebou...
The Chronicles of Jaime Andrews is now available! Jaime is an award-winning actress, producer, business director, and playwright. She’s also appeared in many commercials, movies, and television shows to include TruTV’s World’...
“When you name the emotion, you can tame the emotion.” Noble Gibbens is a former emotionally clueless West Point Army Ranger who’s now an emotional intelligence practitioner and corporate emotional intelligence coach. On this...
Son of Medal of Honor Recipient Airman 1st Class, John L. Levitow Sr. and a Chief Nursing Officer